Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Welcome Home









We're home! We are adjusting to life with a new baby! I arrived home from the "hotel", I mean, the hospital, on Friday. I really enjoyed my time with Tyler in the hospital. Jack came up each day with my parents to visit. After the first day, seeing me in my hospital bed with IVs, etc., he was really shaken up. So, I put on my jogging suit, plastered on a big smile, moved to the couch and spent a little time with him each day to prove to him that Mommy wasn't sick. One day he asked "When will I get my life back?" Ouch...seems his little mind was having trouble understanding that this hospital situation was temporary. However, once Tyler and I arrived home on Friday, all was well in Jack's book. He was so glad to have his whole family intact and in one place! He seems to enjoy the baby, and is so pleased to know that we got a baby that doesn't cry (much or loudly)! Tyler is amazing. At 7 lbs, he just seems like such a peanut! All of Jack's clothes are too big for him, so Mimi went out and bought a few newborn clothes. Although he won't be wearing them for long, our little prince needs to look adorable at all times!

Mom and I have really enjoyed reliving this first week at home, minus the drama of my previous c-section with Jack. She slept on an air mattress in the dining room, with Tyler in the pack and play. She did a fantastic job of waking with him and bringing him to me. We'd sit, while he leisurely ate, and oogle over him. A baby is such a precious thing to experience. I am so privelidged to be able to be a mom two times over. It is just as sweet as the first time, plus I get to see the love blossom between my first born and his new brother!

Meemaw headed home after a few days, and will be back in a few weeks to spend some time with us here at home. It is so wonderful to be surrounded by family that wants to participate in this miracle. Everyone is so anxious to meet Tyler. I can't wait to get to know his little personality. We know he won't stay little long, so we're trying to enjoy our little newborn to the fullest! Welcome home, Baby Tyler! We love you so much already!



No comments: